I am a Reflexologist, Massage Therapist, and Rosen Bodywork practitioner and offer several techniques to help clients relax and heal on many levels – physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I also am a certified Rosen Movement instructor and offer a weekly class in Fayetteville.
A personal experience was the catalyst for my pursuit into the study of reflexology and massage. A first session with a reflexologist for plantar fasciitis turned into an eye opening experience as I put solid weight on that foot for the first time in nine months. Three weeks later, although extremely content as a masters level special education teacher, I began Ingham Method reflexology training while continuing to teach full time. This was followed by massage therapy school and the decision to enter into the bodywork profession on a full-time basis. It seemed to be a huge transformational time in my life, and I soon found that I was still teaching – this time, teaching others about health and wellness.
My private practice began in 1999 offering both reflexology and massage therapy. Both are wonderful modalities to help bring relaxation so the body can work more efficiently. Six years later, with a thirst for more knowledge about ways to reach the mind/body connection through touch, I enrolled in Rosen Bodywork training that yet again has changed my life. My goal is to work with clients in their quest for a more balanced and healthy life.
Time spent volunteering as a Rosen Movement Instructor for Caring Friends, an Alzheimer's Support Group, is an important part of giving back to the community.
- Bachelor of Science in Education, University of Arkansas – 1987
- Masters in Special Education, University of Arkansas – 1992
Certifications and Training
- National Certification: American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB) 2001
- School Certification: International Institute of Reflexology (IIR) – Original Ingham Method 1997
- Northwest Arkansas School of Massage – 1998
- Basic and Advanced Vertical Reflex Therapy – The Booth Method 2004
- Rosen Method Bodywork Practitioner – 2009
- Rosen Movement Instructor – 2011
- Healing Touch, Levels 1/2 - 2006/2008